From:
Wayne Copeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 15:13:10 -0500
Chances are your new system was set to boot from the hard drive
before floppy.  Getting into the BIOS setup (F2 on a Dell, I think)
and look for something about "Boot Order"

- Wayne Copeland

Hi listers,

I just had a new motherboard put into my Dell computer.   I had
just gotten
the computer the way I wanted it and the turn on button broke.  The
CPU
repair place could not get the button fixed, so replaced the power
and
motherboard.   I got the computer home with a new box and new
mother board.
Saved all my important stuff on CD's and proceeded to format my
hard drive.
I did not make a new boot disk, just used the one from this site,
that I had
used before.  The computer booted but would not stop at the A:/
prompt but
went right to the Win 98 screen and stayed there.  I rebooted
several times
using the Ctrl-alt-delete.  There was nothing in the ctrl-alt-del
window.  I
am sure that somehow I erased the system bio's.  I just do not know
how it
happened.

I guess what I need to know is what did I do, and how could I have
entered
the computer myself to fix this.  I have the motherboard setup CD.
Of
course they charged me $80.00 to get it running and to format my C
drive.  I
have never had trouble before this new motherboard, formatting my
computer.
It is an Elite Group Mainboard, P6VEM2 board.  Now I am afraid to
ever
format myself.

Thanks in advance,
Camille Peterson