From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:41:55 -0400
My recollection is that you need to connect a line out from your tape player to a line in on a sound card, not the  headphone output to a line in. Using the headphone output would be the same as connecting the speaker output to the line in on your soundcard.

>Hi everyone,
>
>I know this question has been asked number of times before, but I forgot the solution.  I now have a one time project to save some of my old tapes that hold old family record (mainly myself).  I need to copy them on CD, and because they are already very old and the sound is already "noisy", so that I need to directly input them to my sound card Line-in, and hopefully get the best possible quality.
>
>I have a tape player, and a line-in cable.  I can hear the tape play perfectly on my PC (when I play it, and linked the tape player head-phone port to my sound card line-in, I get sound from PC speaker as clear as from tape player), but neither windows sound recorder or creative sound recorder can record it.  In control panel, preferred record device is selected as my SB card, what I did wrong?

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml