From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:53:34 -0500
It still could be your power supply. The fans run off the 12v and can run
with pretty dirty and/or under-over voltage. However, the mobo and
components are much more sensitive with the 5 v supply (and 3.3v if ATX).
Then again, it could be a component going bad on the mobo and/or an add in
board.

I think I would guess the power supply first. Mobo next and CPU last.

Another troubleshooting method would be to remove all boards except for the
video card and any drives. (Also use only one stick of SDRAM or pair of
SIMMs if you have more than one.) If doing so gets a consistent post, then
reinstall the drives one by one starting with the FDD so you can then do a
complete boot using a diskette. Then add in any other boards one by one and
boot. Remember to change you BIOS as you remove/add drives.

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 / 800-816-0663
Fast - Reliable - Wallet Friendly