From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:24:33 -0500
Original msg:--  " Good day all:

I have a SanDisk Cruzer mini 512 MB  that had a lot of files on it.
I use it to transfer files between computers.  The last time I used it
everything was fine.  Used the Safely Remove Hardware aplet to
remove it.  I have WinXP on both but tried it on a Win2k and a
Win98 and get the same thing,  (Please insert a disk into drive E:.)
now when ever I try to access it again.  Is there any way to get any
info from this thumb drive or is all lost?  Thank you all.

Mark Wojtanowicz "

If i understand your post correctly then you have removed your thumb drive from a networked system (both computers having win xp as os)and attached it to a system having win 2k as os and another computer having win 98 as os and in both cases have not been able to access the data on the thumb drive and your os asks for (Please insert a disk into drive E:.).

if I am correct, then as far as i know, most thumb drives have different drivers for different operating systems. so my suggestion would be to browse the site of your thumb drive manufacturer and download and install the correct drivers.

HTH and good luck---- Venkat Viswanathan

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml