Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 20:07:14 -0500
When a user logs into an NT 4.0 Workstation and it is configured to map
to various network shares, if a share is not found a message is
generated asking the user do they want to disconnect the share
permanently or maintain the reference for future logon's. What we want
to do is to suppress the message and maintain the reference regardless.

No matter what the users are told, someone invariably removes the
connection by clicking the wrong button.

One way would be using a script, but we're unsure if a script can be
run locally on an NT Workstation during logon or where exactly to put
the script.

It would be preferable to hack the registry if that is possible and
have the connection maintained with error messages suppressed.

Could someone please advise?

Thanks.

Regards Roger Griffiths.