Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 08:48:54 -0300
We were told by a computer service man that our problem is probably a
missing DLL. He told us we should do a complete harddrive cleanout and
reload the windows program. This is all very well but we also have
sidekick95 loaded and he doesn't know whether he can save a cardfile that is
in sidekick. We have changed the floppy drive, no result. He went to Dos and
copied a file. We cannot write to the A drive, we can copy a file from one
folder to another in C drive. As far as we can recall we were installing Dr
Solomon's antivirus program when this all started, we have since taken the
program off. The only new hardware is a new floppy drive about a week ago to
try and clear our problem to no avail. We were advised to do a refresher
reinstall of windows, but got no reply when we asked if this was a special
kind of reinstall or was it just a download of the windows on top of our
present program, we have the windows 98 CD-Rom. We do appreciate all your
help but as novices we sometimes are not too sure what some words mean in
the computer world,    Carole Long

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html