From:
Troy Havard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 19:24:23 -0500
There are a couple of methods of determining the manufacturer of the mobo:
1. Find the sticker or imprint on the mobo which says "FCC ID:" and a series of
numbers and/or letters.  Go to  http://www.windrivers.com and select advanced
driver search on the left side.  One of the options, if you scroll down, is to
find a manufacturer by FCC ID.  (They link to the fcc web page.) Make sure you
enter all data when entering the number, to include dashes.

2. Another way to determine is to hit the pause key while booting, and read the
bios s/n off the lower left-hand portion of the screen, regardless of what bios
it is it will have a super long series of numbers/letters/dashes.  Write this
number down, then visit windrivers as above, and on the upper left-hand part of
their web page, select "identify", and follow the links to identify who the
manufacturer of your motherboard is.

Hope this helps you out.

Troy

Eric Wertman wrote:

> Hello All-
>
> I have a friend with a system that was assembled for him by a friend he no
> longer speaks to. So it has fallen upon me to help him with his general
> computer questions and problems. I need to know what sort of motherboard he
> has, so I can properly determine what sort of Upgrade possiblities it has.
> How do you get that information? I'll tell you what I know-

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org