From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2009 07:06:20 -0700
Hi Dorothy,

Is it mainly one particular CD or any CD you put in the drive?
Does the CD drive work, despite the vibration?

If it is one particular CD, it is possible it is unbalanced. I have had
a couple CD's over the years that would do this. I haven't seen one
lately though as manufacturing processes and quality control have gotten
a lot better. Aso check the CD to see if anything got stuck to it. Along
time agon, people used to put sticky white labels on CD's, and back
then, when CD's were only 1 or 2X (300RPM), this wasn't a problem,
however with CD drives running at 48X (6000+RPM), then the slightest
imbalance can be a problem.

If it is any CD you put in, then I would suspect the drive might be bad,
it should not make a loud noise or vibrate excessively. You may be able
to get a replacement drive, check the HP website, they have a section
where you can lookup spare/replacement parts.

Russ Poffenberger

D JONES wrote:
> I do know about the slight noise created by a spinning CD but this is loud enough to be uncomfortabler and not at the normal decibels of a spinning CD.
>
> Dorothy Jones

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml