From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 11:16:11 -0500
At 10:55 PM 3/8/1998 Nicholas Cure wrote:

>I have an Award BIOS dated 12/19/95 and I bought a 6.4 GB HDD from
>Western Digital. The BIOS doesn't recognize the drive correctly and so
>when I installed the drive with the included utility it installed a BIOS
>so that the computer would use the drive correctly. The problem is that
>with this software I can't use Partition Magic on that drive because it
>gives me an error #116 which says that "partition tables begin and start
>inconsistent". . . . .

Nicholas:

You installed partitioning software (probably EZ drive) to allow your
system to use the entire drive. I don't know about the newer versions
of Partition Magic, but I suspect your version doesn't handle the non-
standard and hidden partition tables created by the partitioning utility
which came with the drive.

Even if you get a new BIOS, the partitions are going to be the same.
You will have to UNINSTALL the partition utility and the partitions it
created before you can use Partition Magic or FDISK to change
the partitions.

Regards,

John Chin