From:
Derek Buchanan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2014 13:49:56 -0500
John,
     Just to cover the bases, while you have the laptop hooked up to
your television you could try reloading the video driver.  I seriously
doubt that is going to have any affect but it is worth documenting
that you tried that.  My gut feeling is that the display on the laptop
is going out and soon won't come back. If you have any warranty, then
it is time to call, if not then how comfortable are you working on
laptops?  If you elect to take it to a repair shop, don't expect it to
be cheap.  I know certain Dell displays were going for $700, and I am
not saying that there might not be other cheaper sources like E-Bay
and the like.  At that point I would sit down and decide if it is
worth putting money into fixing it or putting that same money toward a
new laptop.

Hopefully that helps a little,
Derek Buchanan

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 6:59 AM, John Clemence <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi,
> Not sure if I am posting correctly by simply hitting the reply button on
> one of the emails from the group, but here goes.
> We have a Packard Bell laptop model PAWF7, its running win 7 and the
> display started intermittently going off, sometimes hitting the
> brightness button repeatedly would bring the picture back temporarily. I
> have tried using a pc lead to connect the laptop video to my television
> and everything works perfectly via the tv screen. Would anyone on the
> list have any suggestions what I could try to eliminate possible problem
> areas.
> Many thanks in anticipation of any suggestions.
> Regards,
> John Clemence.
>
>                          PCSOFT's List Owners:
>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>