From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 21:59:13 -0500
Dlaluk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was working with a fellow today trying to fix his computer and in
> the BIOS screen it is coming up as a Pentium II 133 Mhz ? (something
> not right here) Where does this info come from ?

Dale,

As you already guessed, the CPU ID comes directly from the CPU chip.
But the speed readout is based on the jumper settings for the
motherboard.
If it is reading 133, then you should check the speed jumpers as
something
is not set correctly.

With more details about the motherboard, we could give you a better
answer.  More than likely someone has the same board and can tell
you the exact settings, but without the name/model we would just be
guessing.

--
Jim Meagher
=====