From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 07:01:52 -0400
Unless you think they will fall into the hands of Interpol, the FBI, the CIA, the KGB, most people are not equipped to recover data from a formatted disk, much less one that has been through low level formatting. Another consideration would be the value of the data.  I can't think of anyone who would go to the trouble of trying to recover anything from me, not even the above organizations.  If your data is that valuable you could always remove the drives and destroy them or do a google search for a free program that shreds files before you low level format (usually to dept. of defense standards).