From:
Nancy Drew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 09:53:37 -0400
Hello List:

Can anyone help me with what seems like a silly question?
I wish to hook my laptop computer to my desktop which is located in another room,using a wireless connection, from the reading I have done seems like they want you to have broadband to set this up. Is this necessary?

I just want to be able to move files and to print to my desktop with out having to move my laptop back and forth between the two room. Any advise from the  knowledgeable people on the list would be appreciated.
The laptop is running windows XP, and he desktop is running windows 98, the laptop had wireless capabilities already was just looking to see if I can hook up a wireless router. Have looked for answers but the ones I have located didn't seem to address this specific issue.

Thank you

Nancy

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com