From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 22:03:59 -0400
>     I ran into this problem when I first got my LS-120 drive and tried
> placing over three hundred photos from my digital cam on it. The root
> directory can only contain a certain number of files on it (mid-200's in
> count I believe). Once I placed a directory on the root and
> started placing
> the photos in there, I had no more problems. Sounds to me like your root
> directory on C: is having this problem. Try removing (or moving)
> files from
> it to another folder. One popular cause would be the file####._dd  files
> placed there from scandisk. I have seen many clients of mine with
> well over
> a hundred of these files on C:

        With regards to this, does anybody know if this limit also applies to
DirectCD volumes created with Adaptec DirectCD? I also did this sort of
thing, storing something like 350 files in the root directory of a CDR
formatted with DirectCD and encountered a similar problem. Does anybody know
if DirectCD has a file count limit? Thanks for any info. TTYL