From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:12:59 -0400
Win XP can run fine with 512 Mb, or even 256, but it will not do so well at 128 Mb.  Your RAM may not be the only reason it is running slow.  Have you done regular cleanup maintenance on it?  You need to find out what motherboard you have and how much and what kind of memory it takes. You can do that at the memory configurator at www.pny.com, www.kingston.com, www.crucial.com, and many other sites.  It may be slow on the Internet if you are using a dialup connection rather than broadband cable or dsl.  If you don't have any memory intensive applications it will be OK with 128 Mb, but will be slow on a dialup Internet connection.  If it is slow loading programs and carrying out instructions you may need more memory.

>Hi,
>We have added windows xp to a HP8580C 20gb hard drive with 128mb sdram.
>It works fine but after connecting it tothe internet it got very
>slow.  We would like to know our options on adding memory and how to
>add and how much?

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                     support at our newest website: