From:
Diane Duncan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:37:30 -0700
At 05:39 PM 8/23/2004, David Richards <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 19:28, Diane Duncan wrote:
> > Hoping to connect my linux box to my lan, I installed a Linksys 10/100
> > Ethernet card in a PCI slot on the Intel AL440LX motherboard.  No led
> > lights illuminated to indicate power going to the card.
> >
> > Given that this is running only linux (Red Hat 7.1) and no Windows, I have
> > no idea how to see anything.
> >
> > I tried another slot and got the same result.  I can't even fake I know
> > what I'm doing here...
> >
> > Help?  :}
> >
> > thanks,
> > Diane
>

>Try this site for help.   Great for linux newbies and gurus alike
>
>http://www.linuxquestions.org

Looked here, but can't make sense out of what they're saying.
<http://www.linuxquestions.org/hcl/showproduct.php?product=52>
This is the card I installed, but, like I said, no lights illuminate on the
back of the card to tell me it's actually got power...even if I plug in the
ethernet cord.  Isn't the card supposed to light up to indicate there's
power going to it? -- not talking about the ethernet signal, but the actual
electrical power.

So, how do I make the connection?

thanks,
Diane