From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:45:34 -0800
"Brian L. Sanburn" wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm considering a CD Burner and I'm looking for some feedback from those of you who have such units or, perhaps, use another method.

A CD Burner is the way to go. By having an RW unit, you can do
effortless backups of your whole system or just the data. Either way
you're farther ahead with a burner as opposed to another method.

Windows Magazine, winmag.com has an article on some of the top units.
These can be read at,
http://winmag.com/reviews/hardware/2000/09/0915.htm

Most of the units being produced today run 12/10/32. The speeds are
coming up from the first introductions of CDRW units.

They recommend the HP 9510i. Costing slightly more than the Plextor,
(which is about thirty dollars cheaper) is probably a strong
consideration. The plextor 12/10/32A may be the way to go depending upon
your needs and financial situation. The Plextor is a contender for HP.
http://www.winmag.com/reviews/hardware/2000/08/0817.htm

Either one of these units should perform nicely.

My only reason, at least at this point, for having/considering a burner
is simply to back up data.  That may change depending upon the input I
receive, however.

<smile> When you find out how easy these are to use and experience their
capabilities, you will realize the up front cost is nothing compared to
the advantages of being able to copy more data.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's: