From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 17:21:47 -0700
I am using a SB AWE 64 with 4 megs  of on board RAM using a 4 meg sound
font file.
I also have another PC with a SB32 PNP with 2 megs of on board ram using
Creative wave synth to simulate 64 voices and is using a 2 meg sound font
file.
I also have a 486 with a very common SB 16.
I use these PCs for normal apps and games. Can I see a big difference
?.....NO...but I am not editing sound files or writing music or using my PC
in a professional sound studio.
For normal use  I think it is more important what you plug your sound card
into, I have mine plugged into a regular Mitsubishi 60 watt reliever that I
picked up at the swap meet and two enclosed Alpine Tri axial speakers that
came out of a 280 ZX I use to own. This setup sounds better then good ...it
sounds great on any of the cards ....far better then any of the <PC
Speaker> setups I have heard.......at least for the games and apps and
occasional audio CD I use it for.
mark