From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:07:12 -0700
I have a Diamond Viper II S220 that currently resides in my wife's machine.
I ran this card for a while with no troubles.  It has 4MB of RAM, and seemed
a bit ahead of the curve with 3D affects for it's time.  I thought it had
the Nvidia TNT chipset in it, but I couldn't swear to it.

My main machine now has a Diamond Viper V550 with 16MB RAM.  This definitely
has the TNT chipset, and it is an awsome card.  I have a friend who bought
one of the Diamond cards with the S3 chipset and 32MB RAM.  She never could
get the thing to work in her system (she has a homebuilt system, and I don't
remember the actual components).  She ended up returning it and getting one
with the TNT chipset.

I would definitely stick with the TNT chipset.  The S3 isn't necessarily a
bad chipset, but in my opinion the TNT chipset is a much superior product.

Kyle Elmblade