From:
Bob Chapel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 00:20:32 -0700
Robert,

I have been stuck like this before and had some success with AMI bios at
least in choosing the legacy option in the bios setup for irq's 3 and 4
This effectively disables (I believe..others correct me if I am
wrong)plug and play for these IRQ's and allows you to force a device into
an assigned IRQ...if your bios allows this choice you might want to try
this...

I have also disabled all the com ports on occassion and pulled out
anything that uses one except the modem....just recently I had to do this
with a KDS (Amquest)56K and I finally got it installed on com #1..I'm not
too happy about this but the machine uses a mouse port so I still have a
comm port free.

Hope this helps a little,

Bob Chapel

 I have gone through the BIOS and disabled COM2 ( there are no other