From:
Jim Hodges <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 23:53:40 -0600
Richard wrote

I threw in the towel after a couple of weeks and got another Maxtor drive
ATA 100 30gig so I would be able to either reformat or safely do something.
I started with the new drive that was instantly recognized as being such but
could not get the machine to use it that way.  Finally discovered that the
4in 1 via prgram was not going in as 4/1 rather as you attempted to find the
various parts.  The motherboard is a FIC AZ11E with via chipset and a Duron
700.

I was nicely congratulaing myself having hit the magic button to get the
machine up to speed when I discovered as I was going to re-enter an image
program that I had no cdrom

The cdrom is recognized by the bios.  Most likely I have done something to
it while enabling either the harddirive or the onboard codec sound.

It cannot be detected by hardware.

Any suggestions as to how to do a lost and found for the cdrom?

Richard Hallett Maine

you might try using a win98boot disk and see if it pickups the cd rom.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml