From:
Eric Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:30:59 -0400
At 07:54 AM 6/17/99 -0500, you wrote:
>If you have memory tied up in textures, that would be handled through
>START.SETTINGS.CONTROL PANEL.DISPLAY, or through a custom icon on the right
>side of the START bar (over by the clock).  Browse through the available
>tabs and buttons until you see a texture memory setting.  If you have AGP
>video, this should be there somewhere.  Typically set this at 5 to 10 % of
>total available memory (depending on how texture-intensive your common apps.
>are).  I have 256MB RAM and use 18MB for textures.
>
>Good luck.
>Martin Kurr

Thanks again Martin.  I found this setting under my Diamond settings, but I
only have a check box to "Limit texture memory to 2 MB".  I just turned this
box on and it seems a little faster.  My benchmark software improved as well
but only marginally.  I'm just wondering how much texture memory my Diamond
Monster Fusion 16MB AGP card NORMALLY uses.  I'm going to search the web site,
but if anyone has this card and can give me some fine tuning tips, please write
me privately (or here if the list doesn't mind).  I use this box mainly for
business and internet apps, although I do play some graphics intensive games
like Quake II and Motorcross Madness on occasion.

Thanks.