From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 12:53:36 -0600
At 08:23 AM 09/09/2000, you wrote:
>I am attempting to reformat a hard drive.  I am booting on A: and entering the
>following:  format c: /s.  It takes me to format, give the warning and ask if I am
>certain then acts if it is beginning and comes back with the following:
>"Insufficent membory to load system files"  I have uninstalled some program and there
>should be sufficent space.  HELP PLEASE!

Typically, you will need to load a memory manager in order to overcome
this issue.  Not knowing what operating system boot disk you are using
is an issue here.  However, Windows98 boot disks load a memory manager,
so let us assume it is either Windows95 or earlier.

You need to add the file HIMEM.SYS to your boot disk and
then modify your Config.sys file on the boot disk as follows:

Add this line in the Config.sys, (make this the first line):

DEVICE=himem.sys

Now, reboot your computer with the boot disk and it should work fine.

If the above instructions seem beyond you, you can download a pre-built
boot disk from our web site at: http://nospin.com/bootdisk

    Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions