From:
Chuck Ferrara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:37:04 -0500
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:28:54 -0700, Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Bill Fuellhart wrote:
>
>I'm having all kinds of issues with this new install.  Usually windows
>reports the culprit as an unkown device driver issue.  The last error code
>was:
>stop: 0x0000007B (0XF8968640, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000).
>
>I'm not sure what the error code means. It doesn't look familiar.
>
>The computer just quits and reboots any old time it wants.CPU has a fan on
>it, bios has a fan on it, and the chassis has a fan.
>
>At this point I think I would unplug the fan for the BIOS. This is just a
>hunch. I connected a case fan to an Intel MoBo and I got the same result as
>you. I was stumped until I started back tracking what I had done.
>

>ASUS has a thermo utility that shows the Power fan and Chassis fan as "not
>working" when in fact I can see them working.  It shows the CPU fan working
>well.
>
>This may be a setup issue in the BIOS. I too have the same problem even
>though I have a rear case fan hooked to the board. I'm wondering if you have
>to have a special fan that will report or work with the reporting utility.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Frank Suszka
>netTek Computers
>
>        The NOSPIN Group provides a monthly newsletter with great
>       tips, information and ideas: NOSPIN-L, The NOSPIN Magazine
>           Visit our web site to signup: http://freepctech.com

Hello Frank,
For what it is worth, I recently did a clean install of XP on a new
Shuttle motherboard and it would reboot when it felt like it. I did not receive any error messages, however. I made many adjustments, replaced video card, etc.
but it still rebooted on it's on. What fixed it for me was the memory. Although the memory was new name brand, the system apparently had a problem with it. Once replaced, the rebooting problem went away. Oddly enough, this same stick of DDR worked fine in another system.
As far as I know, the fans should have 3 wires and connect directly to your motherboard.
I hope things work out for you.
Chuck Ferrara

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml