From:
"Michael A. Wosnick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:29:17 -0500
Peter et al

It has been a while since I posted to start this thread, but I have just
gotten around to trying the NET USE command.
I am indeed able to set up the share using the internet IP address of the
laptop. Problem is that the connection is created via my cable modem and not
via my Ethernet hub so I am losing tons of speed even though the laptop is
sitting right beside me. (The IP address of the laptop is a separate
"outside" IP compared to my desktop - I have two accounts).
If I use the laptop's "computer name" instead of its internet IP address,
the Net Use does not work, it comes back saying network path not found.
Surely there must be something fundamental I am missing to allow me to
connect the two computers via my Ethernet hub one foot away from each other
and not have to go out to (slower) cyberspace to do it???

Michael