From:
Elizabeth Boston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 22:14:50 -0400
Jimmy,
        Two things here make me think that you are looking at hard drive
failure. First, the sequence of events is typical of events that
I have seen when a hard drive is starting to die.
        Secondly, you said you have a Western Digital hard drive. Last
fall, Western Digital had a recall on hard drives that would fail
shortly after being used. They have a place on their web site
where you can go and see if yours is one of the recalled drives.
http://www.westerndigital.com

        I just did a quick search, and it says the recalled drives are
all 6Gig drives... but you can download their diagnostic software
and run it to make sure your drive is OK.

Elizabeth Boston

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org