From:
"Walter R. Worth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 21:41:02 -0800
On Sunday, January 09, 2000 11:04 AM, Bill Aguero <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> What are the temperature ranges for a CPU and a Motherboard ?
>

> My system:
> P III 500Mhz
> Mobo Asus P3B-F
> 64 MB RAM

Bill -- I've been searching the Net most of the evening for a "definitive"
answer for "our" particular systems and I have been unable to find a
specific temperature range that will agree with the different points of view
and not cause excessive bandwidth on the subject. Your motherboard has a
temperature and voltage monitoring utility and you should read the
documentation that came with the mobo on how to properly configure it
(smile) to arrive at a suitable answer. You have/must take into
consideration, the temperature of the environment around the computer,
whether the proper airflow is dissipating the heat buildup properly, etc.
My P2B-F (wish I had waited another week) has a similar feature but as an
alternative, I also use this shareware utility called Hmonitor. It is a
lightweight alternative to the Intel LANDesk Client Manager. It takes much
less memory and monitors only parameters that are collected by LM75, LM78,
LM79, LM80, or Winbond 83781 chips installed on modern motherboards (Asus
mobo's included). Hmonitor will alert you with customizable alarms if any of
the values exceeds a specified threshold. With this Pro version, you can
specify temperature bounds and throttling level in the Settings window.
There is a 30-day trial version and afterwards if you wish to keep it, you
will have to pay $20 to register. HTH.  :-)

Walter R. Worth

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html