From:
Allen Glenn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:34:23 -0500
> A couple of questions first. How do you know your CPU temp is 76°F? Second,
> is this at idle or at 100% utilization. I ask because I have never seen a
> CPU that cool and/or with that little delta T from room temp under even 50%
> utilization.
>
> If your room temp is 70°F, then I suspect that the inside of the case is
> hotter than 76°F (unless you have made a number of air flow modifications
> from a standard case) which would make it impossible for the CPU to be
> cooler than the air temperature around it unless you were using an active
> cooler.

At what temp would the CPU have to be operating for the silver paste to lower the
CPU temp 10°F over the zinc paste with all other environments equal?

It just does't seem possible that a material that is maybe .001 inch thick could
perform that much better at any normal CPU temp when both are designed
for the same purpose.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html