From:
Dan Kucherich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 23:39:23 -0400
I got an HP cartridge from MicroWarehouse with Educational pricing.  In PA
there's a thing called PEPPM, which is a organization to which companies try
to get the lowest bid on retail items for government and educational
facilities.  Some of the vendors tend to provide crappy service (Eplus) so
when the rep at Microwarehouse can match this pricing, I usually go with
him.

I wonder though if the cartridge that HP sends with a printer has a smaller
amount of toner than a retail HP cartridge does.  Kindof like when you buy a
car, they tend to put cheaper tires on it.

If anyone can add insight to this, please do.

Dan

> Thanks for this info.
> You wrote earlier that your first 1200 cartridge went for 4300 pages.
> Did you put a new one in or are reconditioned ones available...if so where
> did you find them and at what cost?
> It is good to know that 2000 pages per month are no problem for the HP
1200.

> Rode

>>and I haven't really had problems.  So I kindof fibbed about my personal
> >experience with that model.  I did read on www.cnet.com reviews on the
1100
> >and a lot of people said they had problems.
> >
> >I've had nothing but trouble with the 5L's and 6L's (which is the
> >predecessor to the 1100) although I have one in my office and it works
well.
> >Several people have them and I must get at least one call a week with a
> >problem.  But sometimes you can't entirely blame the printer.  I see
people
> >load crumpled paper into them, reload used paper into them with new paper
> >without taking all the paper out first, switch the bottom/top paper exit
> >switch while the printer is printing, don't put the paper rests up and
the
> >paper is hanging in the feeder bent over...etc.
> >
> >I only have 3 1100's including an 1100A with the scan/copy feature.  And
> >they have been good so far except for one time it wouldn't print from
> >application (was 'stuck') until I rebooted the computer and disconnected
and
> >reconnected the power to the printer.  Then it was fine.
> >
> >Dan

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com