From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 23:44:48 -0800
David Gillett wrote:
I don't have much more to add to what David said and would like to submit a
site where you can view what the CMOS is and how to correct the problem you
are having. It is basic and straight forward and should help. In the event
you have one of those "barrel" batteries that are soldered to the board, you
may not want to try replacing it yourself due to the fact that doing so may
fry the solder links rendering you board useless. Using a retro kit may
help. On the other hand if you have one of those batteries that looks like a
coin, you can change it, go into the setup screen (BIOS) and go from screen
to screen writing down each setting in case this should happen again.
http://duxcw.com/faq/cmos/cmos.htm

The information may be rudimentary for some and helpful to others.

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml