From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:07:04 -0500
This is a common problem with certain types of hardware,
and hardware that is newer than the OS being installed (on
a clean hard drive).
The OS can't find the drivers since they did not exist when
it was written.
Some drivers will not install from this point in the OS setup
and need to be installed later, (with OR without the hardware
installed first).

It is sometimes better to remove certain hardware items
physically from the computer after you determine which
ones you are having this problem with, and start the installation
from scratch.  (Unless you are really good at patching things up
and fighting with drivers...)

                                                 Rick Glazier

From: "John Loc" <[log in to unmask]>
> I've just make a clean install of Win98 SE for may friend computer. He has a PII 400 Mhz. When the install get to the point where
it start to detect the all the hardwares and it drivers, I started to get several messages saying that some drivers could not be
install because the computer could not find it in the CD-ROM disc. I have tried different ways to have computer find the drivers
from the Win98 SE CD-ROM disk, but the computer failed to find it. I then have to proceed with the installation by clicking the
"cancel" button. But when the OS was finished with the process of installation. I check the device manager and found that there was
several hardwares that had the yellow acclamation point. I knew right away that it missing the driver. So I have to use the Win98 SE
CD-ROM disk to do the "setup" again. This time though, some of the drivers that was missing earlier are detected. But not all driver
was detect though.
> My question is, why did the computer not detect all the drivers from the first time I install the OS?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com