From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:42:29 -0700
>DDR266 operating in single-channel dynamic
>paging mode.

This is a Intel board with a single DIMM? The board should say DDR 400 --->
operating in single-channel dynamic paging mode.
I have a Intel 865PERL board with two Crucial DDR 400 Dimms. It says
DDR400---> operating in dual-channel dynamic paging mode.

Of course, I am assuming that the motherboard supports DDR400 RAM. If not,
then it will run it as fast as it can.

>DDR266 operating in single-channel dynamic
>paging mode.

The start up screen means, that because you are only using a single DIMM,
you are not employing dual channel memory access, which would be a
performance enhancement. If you stick another duplicate DIMM, in the second
memory channel, then you will be able to access both DIMMS simultaneously.

  Keep in mind that both DIMMS must be identical. It is best that they are
even the same brand. Kingston will not guarantee dual channel, unless you
buy a set which states Dual Channel Support. However, I am running Kingston
value RAM = four 512 Kingston PC333 DIMMs, which were purchased over a 8
month period, from two different vendors, all four DIMM slots are filled,
and they work fine in Dual channel mode.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

                     visit our download web page at: