Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2006 15:33:49 -0400
I am on a discussion list. I recently came across a web site that tells be
the geographic location of any IP number. I don't understand IP numbers at
all. Anyway all but one of the numbers I put in there from messages on this
discussion list give me a location that I already know the posters are from.
However one of the posters has over 7or 8 different IP addresses and none of
them even come close to where she has stated she is living (Pacific coast).
They are all from different areas in the Indiana/Illinois area. What do the
numbers mean and should I assume that the poster has programs or software
that is purposely hiding her location maybe for privacy reasons?  I am just
curious and didn't know who to ask how IP numbers work. Thanks

Becky Buehrer

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com