From:
Keith Morse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:59:16 -0700
On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Timchenko Maxim wrote:

> First thing to do is get a cleaning diskette and clean the drive.
>
> <> Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
> <>
>
> On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Susanne J. Walsh wrote:
>
> > My husband has a DPS Electronics Tracer 600 laptop.  The 1.44 floppy drive
> > is not working.  Most of the time it wants to format the disk in drive A
> > because it says it is not formatted.  Even if you can get the laptop to
> > recognize there are files on the floppy disk, you cannot access the files.

Please note, I am not casting an dispersions or denegrating the responder
in this email.

Just curious,  cleaning the floppy drive in my experience has never
worked.  We do   work for a couple of warranty businesses and this is a
standard part of their proceedures for doing on site work.  Like wise, I
done work in conjuction with a vertical application vender that uses SCO
Unix on generic clone pc's.  Their proceedure for a software update is to
clean 20 times before applying the update which comes on floppies.  Again
this has never worked.  Any stories of success for cleaning floppy drives?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org