From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:51:38 -0800
Hmm...  I have a Celeron 300A with a 16MB Diamond Viper V550.  I installed
Crimson Skies on my machine, and average wait for the game to start was
about two minutes.  Average wait between accepting a mission and waiting for
the graphics to load was about three minutes.  At that time it had 128MB of
PC100 RAM.

I then installed another 128MB of PC100 RAM, and now I wait about twenty
seconds for the game to load and 25-30 seconds for the graphics to load
after starting a mission.  I made no other changes to my system at the time.

Windows 98 may not address anything over 64MB (I firmly believe this is the
case) but some programs could care less how Windows 98 addresses memory.
They do things their own way anyway.  The iron is, this is a MS Publishers
game.

Kyle Elmblade
Distinct Computer Solutions