From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:46:55 -0400
Maybe the disks you have are not designed to burn at the speed your burner needs.  If you have a disk rated to 8X, but your burner needs 12X, it will have a problem unless you manually set it to record slower.  Nero is now up to version 5.5.9.0. the upgrade is free if you have a paid for version. Have you checked the memorex driver site for your burner for firmware and software updates?  Do you have Roxio Easy CD Creator or as it used to be known, Symantec Easy CD Creator installed also?Easy CD is not compatible with any other burner software and should be uninstalled.  If all else fails, go to device manager and delete the burner. On restart Windows will reinstall it.  You can uninstall all the burner related software and reinstall new versions, if any.  You should download Nero 5.5.9.0 which will install right over your paid for version aand update it.

>Isnt't the speed automatically set?  I've burned some in the past.  I'm
>using Memores brand CD-Rs with Nero softaware version 5.5.2.8.  I haven't
>installed any updates since I bought the burner last November.
>Hope these answers help in narrowing the problem down.
>TIA
>Dave Schroeder
>
>Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Yamaha Burner Problem
>

>> You're burner is having a problem reading the disks you're using.  Are the
>disks the right speed for your burner?  Are you using el cheapo disks? What
>software are you using for burning the disks?  Have you installed the latest
>updates for firmware and software for the burner?
>>
>> >Hi Listers,
>> >I'm trying to burn a CD an when I tell it to 'burn' I get the message;
>> >
>> >        "Please insert an empty CD to write to...."
>> >
>> >with only the option to 'cancel'.
>> >I already have a new CD-R in the burner.
>> >Any ideas as to what is the matter?  Am I missing a setting or something?
>> >My burner is a Yamaha CRW2200E.  If you need additional information
>please let me know.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com