From:
Donald Rex Gaither <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 10:05:26 -0400
>Hello all,
>
>        Any suggestions for the following message that popped
up on a
>buddy's computer:
>
>                The EEPROM in your WinModem is corrupted.
>

>Obviously, his modem isn't functioning.  Is it fried?  What to
do?
>Thanks for any guidance.

Without knowing the brand, my guess would be that you have a
flash prom.  If this is so, then it may just be that you need to
reflash the eeprom.  Have you recently tried to update its
software, i.e. to the V.90 specification?  If so, it looks like
the update didn't complete.  Try checking your modems
manufacturers home page and see if it is flash.  If it is, they
should have the programs you need to reflash it.  If it is not,
then it probably is fried.

HTH,
Donald Gaither