From:
Michael Sarian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 20:47:39 -1000
I agree, it could be a case of processor problems, but I don't think it's
the power supply.  If you had already thermal compound on the processor,
which might already be pre-applied, since everything you have is new.  You
might want to check, because yes, your processor might be overheating.  If
that seems fine, check your ram.  What kind of ram do you have and make sure
it's  fully compatible with your motherboard.  Some motherboards now, is not
compatible with ram that has registered ECC.  Check with your motherboard
manufacturer.  Try to eliminate all problems, by removing all other cards,
that might be plugged into the motherboard, except the video, if not built
in.  Try listening to the hard drive if it powers up fine.  Then try
removing the IDE cable to the hard drive, and listen again, is it the same
sound.  Back to the RAM, remove your ram and listen to the beeps, is there
anything?  Does that same problem occur?  My bet would be that the RAM has
some incompatibilities with your system, and not your processor.  But who
knows could be!  And one more thing, try not to move any of the jumpers on
the motherboard, which is like a common sense thing.  But you might want to
check, just in case.  Yes these jumpers stand up and move places literally.

Regards,
Michael Sarian