Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 00:46:44 -0400
Ok guys,

Got an issue here, my friend has a laptop an HP ze5375us, 40 gb hard drive,
512 ram, etc. The issue is this: 1st: when she goes online always kicks her
off after about 2 min max. She is using dialup, AT&T to be exact.  Second:
she has some pics she saved on her hard drive when she goes to open them
(they would open in the past) the computer slows down and does a search for
them, but never finds them. She can log in to xp as normal and do everything
but internet and open all her pictures. I am guessing a virus or Trojan of
some kind (she doesn't remember the last time she ran a full virus scan of
her comp) for the internet problem

(unless it's a setting) and recommended she try to update her definitions
and run a full scan (hard to do when she keeps getting knocked offline) but
at least run a full scan and see what happens and go from there on that
issue. The Second issue I can think of only two things, somehow the access
to certain files has been restricted. OR (my guess) her hard drive is
starting to fail. But I am not sure. Any help would be much appreciated on
this guys. She doesn't have the money to put it into a full blown tech shop.
Though she will have to if her hard drive is going.  Thanks for all the
help!

Ron Delvecchio

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml