From:
Mark Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:28:42 -0500
This is indeed what the problem was (thanks to John and David).
Neither the mobo manual nor the CD labelling mentions this in any
significant way (it's kind of buried in the manual) but it's among the
first things the system installs from the CD.

It's been years since I've built a system, and I'm not used to having
all this stuff on the mobo.

Mark Shaw

On 4/27/06, John Sproule <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I would recommend installing the nvidia chipset drivers off of the CD, you
> can update them later if you want to.  I'm pretty sure that this will give
> you the drivers you need for the NIC controlled through the nvidia
> motherboard chipset (actually chip).  Your motherboard may have another
> ethernet port (many higher end boards do these days).  As Mark Russ
> suggested, this will require a different driver, such as one from Marvell.
>
> This should give you access to your network connection(s); so, you can
> download updated drivers and windows updates.
>
> John Sproule

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com