From:
Peter Ramins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 08:51:04 -0500
Ok... I have a Pentium 200 mmx, 96 megs of ram, Maxtor 20 gig drive, E-tech
non win 56k modem (isa), SoundBlaster Live! soundcard (pci), and STB
Velocity 4400 with 16 megs, Riva TnT chipset (pci).

When i removed my old motorola hst / win modem and replaced it with the new
isa modem, the sound card stopped working. However, the sound card works in
other systems. Before anyone suggests irq conflict, here is what I have
done:

1. Obviously, removed modem to see if that was the culprit, since the
soundcard worked right before i installed it.

2. toggled the bios setting 'pnp aware os' to on / off with no effect. (I
had to do this when i initially installed the SB, it didn't auto detect at
first, way back in the day)

3. Via bios, disabled all com ports, since I'm using internal modem and ps/2
mouse. disabled printer port as well.

4. Tried soundcard in different machine to verify that it still works, it
does, it autodetected and worked just fine.

5. Reinstalled windows.

I don't think it's a config problem with windows since I don't even see it
detected in POST, like all the other cards, and the dos drivers won't work
when windows isn't loaded.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm at my wit's end here, no idea what to
do short of getting a new motherboard and processor, (and case) which i'm
not ready to do.

Thank you in advance,

Peter Ramins

                     visit our download web page at: