From:
Howard Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 10:19:12 -0300
You might probably have a trojan or virus running there.  I found this site
awhile back that has alot of good information and a  downloadable reference
list of application start-ups:
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_index.htm
The file to download is here:
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/start_ups.exe
With the information on his site, you should narrow what belongs running on
your computer or not.  Hope this helps.
Howard Rubin
The Computer Doctor
Fortaleza, Brazil

RE:  Date:    Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:53:01 -0500
From:    Jan mcKinley <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Excessive CPU Usage

I have a new system I built with Windows XP Home Edition.  It shows as a
Model AWRDACPI with an AMD 1535 MhZ processor with Phoenix BIOS LTD 6.00
with 768 mB of memory.  (Don't know if any of this information is needed,
but....)

My problem is that even when I first installed the Windows software and did
a "restart", my CPU usage would sit at 100% until I "shutdown".  Sometimes
if I shut down and start up again too soon, I have the same problem, but if
I want several minutes, it will work fine.  I have two another systems with
the same XP and they do not do this, which leads me to think it must be
hardware???

Today I was tell another person about your web site and mentioned this
problem, and low and behold, she has had the same problem with her XP
system, which leads me to think it must be software????  But if we both have
had this problem, maybe someone else has experienced it.

Thank you for your help.