From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:33:44 -0500
From: Sunil Bector Subject: [PCBUILD] Monitor Question

> Hey everyone,
>
> My screen saver is set to go off at 2 minutes, low-power standy is
> triggered at 4 minutes, and the monitor shuts itself off at 7 minutes.
> Before the monitor shuts itself off, though, the message "no signal input"
> appears.  When I first purchased the computer, this did not happen;
> however, this activity soon became the norm.  Why does this happen and how
> can I fix it?
>
> TIA,
>
> Sunil Bector

I also get the same message before the monitor shuts down.  My monitor
synchronizes automatically to the timing signals from the computer.  When
the monitor is shutdown it no longer is receiving these signals from the
computer so it displays the message "no signal input" and then shuts down to
a blank screen.  If your monitor also synchronizes to the computer then this
would be normal behavior and does not need to be fixed.

Mary Wolden

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html