From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 11:52:58 -0800
This is a common problem with laser printers. It is the result of the heat,
the rollers, the moisture in the paper, and the humidity. I have had this
problem with HPs, Epson, Konica ...you name it. How bad the curling is
depends more on how high the humidity is then the particular brand printer,
or paper. I have had the best luck with the highest quality HP paper, and
the worst luck with any Hammermill paper.

I live within 1000 feet of the Pacific, and my humidity is rarely under 35
per cent, and usually closer to 45 per cent, or above. Curling is so bad
that I routinely stand next to the printer, while it is printing, and
remove documents as they come out to avoid jams.

If you have the space to do so, set up your printer to shoot the paper
straight out the back, rather then routing them up through the rollers, and
out the paper tray, which just adds to the curling effect.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://www.freepctech.com/rode/

> >I bought a Brother HL-5140 monochrome laser printer. I'm very happy with
>it with one exception. When I print a sequence of pages, the pages end up
>being curled as if the paper had been tightly rolled up and taken a "set".
>I've tried Office Depot 24# Premium Laser paper and lighter copy paper. Is
>this typical of laser printers or is there something wrong? Thanks for the
>input, Bob

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com