From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 02:52:56 +0100
Please can someone help me here, this is a stupid one that I can't find the answer to.
Until recently, I was able to scan documents, etc and change just about anything on my system into the Jpeg format. For some reason, I can't do it any longer, it no longer gives me the option to do it, I don't know why.
Recently, I had the W32.Sobig.F@mm worm, and I removed it with a removal tool, and it was round about then that I began having this problem. (Also, my printer will no longer print any red, but I don't know if that's connected.I've changed the ink, but there's still no difference.I've also tried reinstalling the drivers for the printer, but no difference)
I can change the documents into gif format, but I don't want that option, as it causes colour distortion, and I often use the jpeg format as it's more convenient.
I'm not sure if this is a result of having the worm or if it's all just a coincidence.
I'm considering loading windows directly over the top of the current o/s just to see if that makes a difference, but I don't know if it will. I really don't want to have to reformat just yet unless I really have to for various reasons.
I'm running Me on this particular system, and until now have never had any problems.
Has anyone got any suggestions? I'm not sure if this is an unusual problem or not, I've never come across it before, which makes me wonder if the worm had damaged some files.
Please answer asap, as I have to convert some stuff into jpeg as soon as possible.
thanks in advance.
Michele Sayer

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml