From:
Pedro Queiró <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 00:24:48 +0800
I'm having problems with my CD-RW drive - it won't recognise blank CD's when I try to burn anything. It wasn't always like this, I mean, I've always had problems getting it to recognise the CDs but now it just won't.

It goes like this: I start up Nero Burning ROM, select the files I want to burn onto the CD and tell it to burn. I select the speed (6x which is unfortunately the best the drive can do, but the problem also happens if I choose 4x) and start the burning process, at which point it asks me to insert
a blank CD. I do so and the drive's LED blinks for a few moments, indicating it's active, then indicates it's empty, and Nero keeps asking for a CD. This happens with various brands of CD-R like Sony,
TDK, MMore, Memorex, Verbatim...

Strangely it has no problems recognising those CDs that say "For music use only". Those CD-Rs are recognised and burnt easily.

My system specs are:

AMD Athlon 1.2 GHz
256 MB RAM
Yamaha CRW 6416 SCSI
Adaptec AIC-7850 PCI SCSI Controller
Win XP Pro
DVD 16x
18.6 GB HDD

I don't think anything else could interfere, but if you need any more info I'll be glad to provide it. I use Nero Burning ROM to burn CDs, and it happens when I try to copy from another CD as well as when I
try to burn files I have on my HDD. I have as far as I can tell every driver up to date, which makes it all the more confusing. I'm on the brink of formatting the disc if I can't solve this, but then again I have no way of easily backing up my files which means I'm not too fond of the idea.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Pedro Queiró
--

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: