From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 10:21:18 -0500
Which comes first, the chicken or the egg?

This assumes all normal Ghost rules are followed and
all hard drives are running and could "otherwise" be used in
the system if I were doing something else with (or to) them.

A BOOT hard drive newly set up with EZDrive will be backed up with
Ghost version 6 as an image file -- (ver 6 new since last post).
The image file would be put on a different physical spindle
in the same machine.
Will the backup image be usable as a FULL restore in the same physical
machine to the original or a different hard drive? (Not to where it is stored.)
(This assumes no "other" hardware changes and following all restore
rules and copyright restrictions.)

I know all drives must be "up and running" and recognized by the BIOS
or the BIOS fooled by EZDrive before I can do anything with it/them...

I am not "sure" where the EZDrive software resides, and/or  if it can be
or would be overwritten by Ghost during an image to boot partition restore.
Would a drive become "80h", and marked active?

Has anybody done this?  Am I worried about nothing?
Having lost a hard drive, (no data was lost), I am concerned my backup
will work if I do it this way.  I am looking for the "seven minute" restore
onto the same or a new hard drive that Ghost seems to offer for
"_newer_systems_"...

Thanks in advance,   Rick Glazier

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>