From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:40:52 -0700
According to Zonelabs...

Zone Labs: The ONLY way to remove a ZoneAlarm Plus/Pro password that is forgotten, corrupted, or will not work is
to remove the database files associated with TrueVector. For detailed instructions on how to do this, please click
here. (Info from the link is pasted below under summary)

Please note that this will remove your program permissions and Trusted Zone settings (so you may want to make note
of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process; you will be prompted again for program access for all the
applications that you use to access the Trusted or Internet Zones.

This Information Applies to:
ZoneAlarm Pro, ZoneAlarm Plus

If you have a password problem or can't remember your password, the ONLY way to remove a ZoneAlarm Plus/Pro
password that is forgotten, corrupted, or will not work is to remove the database files associated with TrueVector,
as follows:

Please note that this will remove your program permissions and Local Zone settings (so you may want to make note of
them), but re-establishing them is a simple process; you will be prompted again for program access for all the
applications that you use to access the local network or Internet.

If you are running Windows 98, ME, 2000, or XP, reboot your system into either Safe Mode or to a Command Prompt.
The method is determined by your OS, but most systems will boot into Safe Mode by either pressing F8 at the beep or
holding the CTRL key during boot-up.

For more information on rebooting your specific system in Safe Mode, click Start, then Help. Click the Search tab,
and type in "Safe Mode." Double-click "Start Windows in Safe Mode" for the instructions.

NOTE - Do NOT start ZoneAlarm Pro/Plus while in Safe Mode, or you will not be able to make the changes necessary.

Delete the files in the Internet Logs directory:

In Windows 98/Me, this will be c:\windows\internet logs - In Windows NT/2000, it will be c:\winnt\internet logs -
In Windows XP, it could be either of these folders.

If you need to keep a copy of old alerts, copy the ZAlog.txt file to another location first - then delete ALL files
in this folder.
Empty your Recycle Bin.
Reboot your system.

If you are running Windows NT and cannot delete these files, try the following from an Administrative account:

If you do not know how to do any of the following steps, click Start > Help for more information.

Search for vsmon.exe and rename the file. REMEMBER what you changed it to!
Shut down ZoneAlarm Pro/Plus. It doesn't matter if there's a password on it or not.
Reboot.
Delete the files in the Internet Logs directory

In Windows 98/ME, this will be c:\windows\internet logs - In Windows NT/2000, it will be c:\winnt\internet logs -
In Windows XP, it could be either of these folders

If you need to keep a copy of old alerts, copy the ZAlog.txt file to another location first - then delete ALL files
in this folder.
Change the renamed file back to vsmon.exe.

I hope this helps...

Al Thompson