From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 23:30:02 -0700
Sounds like you have the computer set for USB energy saving mode. In
essence, when the USB hibernates, it does not come out of hibernation
because both input devices are connected via USB (simple terms). Check
your BIOS for any energy saving items. Then check the power savings
settings in your OS (in control panel). Turn off all energy saving
entries and see what happens.

If still a problem, connect mouse and keyboard via PS2.

My wireless adapter is USB and hibernates, but refuses to come out of
hibernation. I have to restart computer or disconnect and then reconnect
the adapter to get it working again. You could be having a similar
problem. I guess I should also follow the foregoing recommendation. I
just don't use that computer myself and am always forgetting to fix it.

Tom Mayer

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com