From:
David Nasser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:41:53 -0600
Re: HP 4215 "All-In-One" Print, etc device

Greetings,

I have had the above named print, etc device for
10+ months. It has sucessfully processed about
30 pages since it was purchased.

The paper infeed mechanism has never worked properly.
The device clanks and clunks, then viciously attempts
to slam a blank page into the roller path for processing.
It fails to feed the page about 75% of the time, and
issues the "out of paper" error message.

I have checked the paper path, tried different paper,
etc etc to no avail. Calls to tech. support in both
the Phillipines and India weren't helpful.

When the infeed fails, it leaves a mark on the upper
right corner of the blank page that should've been
fed into the device.

Has anyone encountered this problem with this or similar
HP device? Know of a fix?

If not, has anyone sucessfully had any lo-end HP print
device replaced under warranty? My 1 year warranty expires
in about 40 days.

It is an inexpensive device. I do not expect the world of
it. I can live with the software problems. The fact that it
is about 75% dysfunctional as regards a basic paper feed in
the first year of (very, very light) operation is a bit more
than I deem reasonable.

Any/all suggestions, advice, etc much appreciated.

  Cheers,
  David

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml